Heather is committed to the values of fairness,
equity and building a strong foundation to care
for one another during good times and times of
She believes that it is only through proper investment in public infrastructure
and in each other that we can build a community and country strong enough to face the challenges of the climate emergency, the pandemic recovery,increasing inequality, and a changing global economy.
- Expanding public health care to include pharmacare, dental care and improving and expanding access to mental health care.
- Building a diversified and prosperous economy that creates good jobs for Albertans and fights the climate emergency with investment in renewable energy, clean tech and public transit
- Protecting Alberta’s natural areas from regressive development like open-pit coal mining
- Introducing national standards and funding to fix Canada’s broken long-term care system
- Reducing student debt and making post-secondary education more accessible and affordable
- Establishing a national, affordable early learning and childcare system
- Introducing a wealth tax so that the ultra wealthy, including those who have gotten richer during the Pandemic, pay their fair share